Christopher H. Morris
As Hargadon, Lenihan and Herrington’s youngest partner, I pride myself in obtaining successful and satisfying results for my clients. I devote 90% of my practice to litigation, ranging from small cases to multi-million dollar cases with complex issues. Over the past years, I have litigated and reached positive results in many newsworthy cases:
- Louisville Zoo derailment
- Louisville Arena concrete collapse
- Drowning deaths of construction workers
- I-65 FedEx Ground collision near Elizabethtown, KY
- Wrongful death trucking collision case in Laramie, WY
- Numerous trucking collisions on I-64, I-264, I-265 and I-71
I also have represented the families in two of the most recent and largest fire cases in Kentucky.- ten total fatalities. I recently argued a case before the Kentucky Court of Appeal which eventually secured proper inspections by retailers for manufactured homes owners. As a result of my work, I have become a certified life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates and Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the most prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States. The membership in the Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements.
I am one of the few attorneys in Kentucky and the Louisville area who is fluent in Spanish. Recently, I was appointed by the Mexican Consulate to be a preferred attorney for individuals seeking representation in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee and Ohio. I am licensed in Kentucky state courts, and Federal courts in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois.
I am active in national and state trial associations. For four years, I served as Kentucky’s delegate for the Minority Caucus of the American Association of Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America). Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
I graduated of University of Louisville Law School and specialize in complex personal injury litigation. Over the years, I have litigated personal injury, wrongful death cases involving house fires, trucking collisions, medical negligence, automobile collisions and faulty products.
When not practicing law, I am involved in high school athletics. I currently volunteer as the freshman basketball coach at Sacred Heart Academy, and previously coached girls’ basketball at St. Agnes Parish.
Areas of Practice
- Trial Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Tort Law
- Trucking Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Appellate Practice
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Kentucky, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2003
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Wyoming, 2011
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2000
- Centre College of Kentucky
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member, Board of Governors, 2006 - 2009
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, 2003 - 2010