The Rules Of The Road
Trucking regulations are intricate and complex. Some of the major areas they impact include:
- Hours of service: Truck drivers are subject to various rules regarding the maximum number of hours they can serve on a daily or weekly basis, including the 14-hour duty limit, the 11-hour driving limit, the 60/70-hour duty limit and the 34-hour restart rule.
- Driver logs: To keep track of time spent on the road, drivers are generally required to maintain detailed logbooks.
- Driver qualifications: When hiring truck drivers, trucking companies must ensure that the drivers maintain the necessary licensure and training as well as clean driving records.
- Maintenance: Truck drivers and trucking companies must conduct regular maintenance and safety inspections on their fleets.
- Safety: Drivers cannot operate trucks or tractor-trailers under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription drugs that jeopardize their ability to safely operate the vehicle.
- Speed: Truck drivers must observe local speed limits, and they must reduce their speeds to safely traverse through hazardous road or weather conditions.
Dedicated Advocacy For Victims Of Truck Accidents Nationwide
In-depth knowledge of trucking law & regulations is critical for successfully pursuing recovery on behalf of truck accident victims. At Hargadon, Lenihan & Herrington, PLLC, our attorneys possess such knowledge. Over the course of handling numerous truck accident cases – and earning multimillion-dollar victories for our clients – we have also developed keen insights and strategies for obtaining successful outcomes.
Our firm represents victims of tractor-trailer accidents across the nation. We combine results-driven advocacy with cutting-edge technology and an unwavering commitment to our clients’ causes. This recipe for success has earned us an outstanding reputation as local leaders in the field of truck accidents.
Call Today For A Free Consultation
Get an experienced truck accident attorney on your side. Call (866) 583-9701 or contact us online for a FREE, initial consultation with one of our lawyers. We offer contingency fee representation, and we advance costs so it will cost you nothing more to hire an exceptional firm. From our office in Louisville, Kentucky, we represent clients nationwide.
Free consultations ● Off-site and weekend appointments available ● Se hablaespañol