This is an advertisement
Call Now for Free Consultation
(866) 583-9701 (502) 583-9701

Do Pedestrians or Bicyclists Need to File an Accident Report

Do pedestrians or bicyclists need to file an accident report if they are injured by a car or motor vehicle?  What should you do if you are injured by a hit-and-run driver?  Who will pay for your injuries?  No one leaves their house expecting to be hit by a car, truck or other vehicle while out for a walk or run, or if they are riding a bicycle.  Things become much more legally complex if the accident involves a hit-and-run driver.  What should you do if you are injured as a pedestrian or bicyclist in Louisville?

If you are struck by a motor vehicle as a pedestrian or bicyclist you have probably suffered serious injuries.  The human body is no match for the weight and momentum of any vehicle.  Hopefully someone called the police or 9-1-1 while you were being attended to by medical professionals.  However, pedestrians or bicyclists need to file an accident report with the Kentucky State Police within 10 days of the incident or ensure an accident report was submitted by law enforcement at the scene to protect your rights under Kentucky law.

We are often asked what happens in the event of an accident or injuries caused by a hit-and-run driver?  How will you pay for your medical bills and other expenses associated with hit-and-run injuries?  Many people are surprised to learn their injuries are covered as part of the UnInsured Motorist/UnderInsured Motorist (UM/UIM) portion of their own auto insurance policy.  Yes, your car insurance should provide UM/UIM coverage which extends to you as a pedestrian or bicyclist.

Unfortunately, many of our clients have been shocked by the treatment they have received from their own insurance company when they attempt to file a personal injury claim under UM/UIM.  This is why it is important to contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at HLH immediately after any injury accident or call (866) 583-9701 to speak with us personally for a free consultation.  Pedestrians or bicyclists need to file an accident report or ensure one was filed with the Kentucky State Police within 10 days.  You need a strong, aggressive advocate who will stand up for your rights and ensure you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve.

Contact Us

Louisville’s Most Established PI Firm

Hargadon, Lenihan & Herrington, PLLC

231 Breckenridge Lane, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40207
Telephone: (502) 583-9701
Toll-Free: (866) 583-9701
Fax: 502-589-1144
Louisville Law Office Map

Areas We’ve Served

We've Handled All Types of Personal Injury Cases In The Following States as well as Canada and Mexico

Free Consult